Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fred Thompson, VP? An emphatic NO.

Finally the press gets it. All those RNC columnists keep saying he is a VP candidate. Sorry - they simply have NOT been listening to Fred. In It To Win It. PERIOD.

Former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson said he has no interest in running on a Republican ticket as vice president. But on the issue of running for the No. 1 spot, Thompson remained coy.

"I have no interest in running for or being the vice president," Thompson told NBC Tampa affiliate WFLA. "I don't think I would ever want to do that and be in the second position."

[The Rest of the Story]

"I am doing the things necessary to put myself in a position to make a decision on that," he said. "You know when you haven't been running all your life for president it's quite a pivot in your own life and that of your family, and so that looms large."

Thompson refused to comment on the current GOP candidates, saying, "I just am not going to talk about the rest of the field. It really has to do with me and my relationship to the American people."

Courtesy of MSNBC and NBC News

These mainstream pundits have missed the bus again - just shows that Fred is far outside the usual circles - and shows just how little the establishment types know.


No comments:


All copyrights remain those of the respective authors, including commenters. I am not responsible for what commenters write here. Excerpts of articles are under Fair Use Doctrine.

This site has no affiliation nor relationship with any organization, nor any affiliation or relationship to Fred Thompson, and is not authorized by any candidate nor by any candidate's committee.

In plain English: This is my site, and I'm not working on behalf of, at the direction on, bought by or beholden to anyone or anything other than my judgement and conscience. (c) 2007