Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fred Thompson releases medical records

Seems he had a lymphoma to deal with in 2004, luckily it was very treatable and he is now in remission.

"I have had no illness from it, or even any symptoms. My life expectancy should not be affected. I am in remission, and it is very treatable with drugs if treatment is needed in the future — and with no debilitating side effects," Thompson said in a personal commentary following the interview.


[The Rest of the Story]

The illness also appears to have no impact on Thompson's personal consideration of a White House bid.

"I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't satisfied in my own mind as to the nature of it and the fact that not only will I have an average life span, but in the meantime, I will not be affected in any way by it," Thompson said. "Of course nobody knows the future but that has been in the history for almost three years now in terms of no symptoms and no sickness."

"The American people have a right to know this. And they have a right to voice their opinions whether they think it's a big deal or not. And I know it's not a big deal as far as my health is concerned, as much as a person can know things like that. But other people have a right to look at it and weigh in and I have a need to factor that into my decision in terms of the reaction I get of that," he said.

Courtesy of Fox News


He is definitely running. This is a "clearing the decks for action" type of move, to get this issue off the table by opening and addressing it right now instead of waiting for an opponent to hit with it. Look for more of this sort of thing on the issues as well.



All copyrights remain those of the respective authors, including commenters. I am not responsible for what commenters write here. Excerpts of articles are under Fair Use Doctrine.

This site has no affiliation nor relationship with any organization, nor any affiliation or relationship to Fred Thompson, and is not authorized by any candidate nor by any candidate's committee.

In plain English: This is my site, and I'm not working on behalf of, at the direction on, bought by or beholden to anyone or anything other than my judgement and conscience. (c) 2007